« Home | Guacamole » | Chicken Florentine Style » | Mojitos » | Pan Seared Rib Eye »

Pumpkin Roll

Finally, a submission from Rusty! Of course it had to be a baked good. Jenny is the cook, and I'm the baker...

This is one of my mom's specialties that she passed on to me when I started baking. The filling is incredible, and the cake turns out extremely moist and very pumpkin-y! You'll love it, and it's not as hard as it seems at first, as long as you follow the directions, especially with the rolling!

Cake Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup pumpkin (packed in can)
2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda

Cake Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all ingredients and beat until mixed. Grease a jelly roll pan and place wax paper on the pan. Grease the wax paper. Pour batter on the greased wax paper and bake 15 minutes. Place on a dishtowel powdered with confectioner's sugar. Roll the dishtowel inside the roll while still hot. Let cool on rack. When cooled and ready for filling, unroll and remove dishtowel.

Filling Ingredients:

8 ounce cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 tbsp. butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar

Filling Directions:
Combine ingredients and beat until smooth. Spread on cooled roll; reroll. Keep in refrigerator. Slice 1-inch pieces to serve.

Enjoy!

Do you grease it with Crisco?

I do, yes. I find that Pam beads up strangely and leaves a weird film at the bottom when I bake stuff. Crisco is mildly frightening, but awesome.

Post a Comment

Your Hot Hostesses

  • I'm Jenny G
  • From York, Pennsylvania, United States
  • This is the blog of an obsessive-compulsive pop culture addict in her mid 20s with a penchant for gay man music, brain-rotting television shows, and margaritas.
My profile